Monday, March 22, 2010

Pregnancy Rhinitis

Huh?? Well, that's what it's called and don't ask me how to pronounce it...

For the last few weeks, my nose has been constantly running OR been annoyingly full of dry buggers... you know, the kind that sit and itch inside your nose until you finally toss all etiquette you ever learned overboard & shove a finger up your nose to get rid of the annoyance. Apart from the runny nose, I haven't really felt "sick" in the sense of having a cold or anything so today I looked it up to see if this maybe has something to do with being pregnant.

I guess I should have learned by now, that any abnormalities these days do indeed have to do with the pregnancy. In this case, there is something called Pregnancy Rhinitis, which affects about 20-30% of women at various stages (or throughout ALL stages) of their pregnancy. Lucky me! It says it may go away after a few weeks or it may last until the baby is born and then some.

I've been good at avoiding any type of medication. I've had an occasional tylenol, as those are safe to take, but as far as nasal sprays are concerned, I have no idea. I've never been a fan of using nasal spray, but if this is going to be something that I'm dealing with for the next 6 months, I may just consider squirting some nasty liquid up my nose now and again to get rid of the liquid that's already there :)

Well... how informative was this blog, huh? Who knew!

Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday.

Hm ... and I have no mango today. I miss it. I did, however, finally satisfy my instant craving for corn flakes. Got a big box on Saturday and it's about half done. Maybe I should think about buying Kellogg stock.... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, who knew nose issues could be caused by pregnancy..hehe. Sounds like you're in for a funnnnn ride. :-D Be careful with nasal sprays, as many contain steroids. But I'm sure your OB will know better. :)

    BTW: This is my new google account for blogging. Trying to think of a blog focus for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! I'll go check it out!

    And yes, I don't want to touch any nasal sprays until checking with my doctor...but I'll bring it up next time I go & see what she says :)

    ReplyDelete